20040923

All work and no play...

Yes once again it's an all nighter. bit of a time crunch for tomorrow, but I've got a good solid 8 hours so I thought I'd give myself a ten minute bresaola and bloggin break(anyone appreciate accidental alliteration?) for sanity. For a latenight room service snack, the food's damn good: tasty bresaola topped with excellent parmigiano on a bed of arugula (rucola, or rocket depending on your preference).

tangent>> Is it just me or has arugula once again become popular since it was rebranded to the french "rocket" , it seems we've also made the fish loop(salmon, swordfish/shark, seared ahi, chilean seabass, loup du mer {often semi-correctly applied to seabass}) all the way back to wild salmon. My prediction is that radicchio and shitake mushrooms will make a come back, cilantro's got way too much mainstream penetration to rejoin the ranks. I also feel that italian parsley and purple basil have potential but don't quote me on this. I've been gunning for safron and lemon grass, with a return to accepting coconut and palm oils lemon grass has a definite shot, but only time will tell cause the restaurant mafia is a tough nut to crack.



Given all the time I spent on this rant, and my 3AM dinner, I should probably get back to work, but all I can think about is Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening. Afterall:
my bed is comfy, soft and deep,
but I've got deadlines to keep.
and miles to go before I sleep,
and miles to go before I sleep.

No comments: