20040830

Big Weekend

So this weekend my sister got married with all the fanfare and multi day excitement one would expect from an indian wedding. During the toasts there wasn't a dry eye in the house, then my mom got up and gave a very short toast to the effect of "one of my son inlaw's friends came up to me today and said ' you're not losing a daughter, you're gaining tech support', " suffice to say it livened up the place. Afterall this was a wedding between a neuroscientist and an software engineer, so as you could imagine the place was rife with nerdy types (myself included).

My other big weekend event was when I got hit by a car, now this was not the first time it's happened, but it was the frist time it happened outside a crosswalk. I was loading some stuff into my trunk at ucla, when two girls in a vw cabriolet backed their car into me, pushing me into the trunk with a loud noise as I dropped the projector screen and started swearing. Did one of these crappy-pop music listening skanks bother to get out to see if I was okay? Of course not, one of them started screaming, and the driver took off laying down rubber. I wasn't injured from the impact, but I seriously bumped my head on the the inside of the trunk. As I exited the back of the car several people from the parking lot came over to me to check if I was okay. I was thrilled, I figured one out of these 5-6 people must have gotten the plates, but no, they were all too concerned with whether the impact had killed me, shattered my legs, or done something equally dramatic. So my assailants fled the scene unhindered to commit more acts of careless stupidity while listening to terrible music and comparing rainbow on white louis vuitton bags. With any luck the guilt over the incident will cause the girl years of nightmares, depression, and obeisity.

1 comment:

Pshaz said...

congrats to your sister!

as to the girls, they go to ucla, what could you expect from them? (hahahaha sorry couldn't resist)
I doubt they will get the fate they deserve though. It'll be like that car that smashed my skateboard- which incidentally I did get the plate of. But they got off scot free. I hope they die a fiery death. Maybe your girls and my skateboard murderer will get into an accident with each other. We could only be so lucky.