20080711

Forgotten Memes: Ate my balls

So whilst over at nina's museum blog ( check the blogroll), I noticed that egads! She's a member of a webring, they still exist. Like finding a bakalite felix the cat at a garage sale I was suddenly excited. Wow, I remember these from when the web was young.



One of my favorite web rings for inane humor in the late 90's was the "ate my balls" webring. Of the same level of class as "Fat chicks with party hats," the ate my balls sites featured entire sites devoted to comic strip like speech bubbles over images of people where they'd talk about various ways of eating balls. These days something like this would just end up on something awful.



According to wikipedia, nehal patel's "Bob Ross ate my balls" was the first, but his 1998 Mr T ate my balls was the site that drove this fad to it's highest popularity.

No comments: